Skip to content
- Canon (2003), Extension Tube EF12 II/EF25 II Instructions. Canon Inc., Tokyo.
- Etchells, Dave (2014), The end of onion-ring bokeh? Panasonic beats the curse of aspheric lenses. News, Imaging Resource.
- Kenko (2012), Auto Extension Tube Set Directions for Use. Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd., Tokyo.
- Leica (2013a), Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH Technical Data. Leica Camera AG, Solms.
- Leica (2013b), Leica Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH Technical Data. Leica Camera AG, Solms.
- Ludolph, Patrick (2018), Manche Fehler muss man selber machen. dpunkt Verlag, Heidelberg.
- Merklinger, Harold M. (1992), Depth of Field Revisited. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
A short version of a series of papers which first appeared in Shutterbug in 1991-1992. The author wonders why he rarely gets satisfactory sharpness using the hyperfocal distance, and shows why another focusing strategy gives better results.
- Merklinger, Harold M. (2002), The INs and OUTs of FOCUS: An Alternative Way to Estimate Depth-of-Field and Sharpness in the Photographic Image. Internet Edition, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
An in-depth study of the subject.
- Nasse, Hubert H. (2011), Planar—The history and features of one of photography’s most important high performance lenses. Carl Zeiss, Oberkochen, page 5.
- Wegner, Gunther (2017), Diana lernt fotografieren. gwegner.de Verlag, Ahrensburg.
The basics of photography from a very practical point of view. Especially chapter 4 on image composition is highly recommended for beginners and experienced photographers alike.
- Zeiss (1997a), Depth of field—An insider’s look behind the scenes. Camera Lens News No. 1, Carl Zeiss, Oberkochen, page 3.
- Zeiss (1997b), Resolution of camera lenses: Where are the limits—and why? Camera Lens News No. 2, Carl Zeiss, Oberkochen, pages 2-3.
Limitations of resolution due to diffraction, depth of field, film, and motion.
- Zeiss (2015), Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 Technical Specifications. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen.